Strawberry cheesecake mousse is a simple, no-bake dessert that comes together quickly for a delicious treat. It is served on top of a layer of chocolate cookie crumbs. This dessert is the perfect ending to any meal.
I love making desserts that are very involved consisting of several components. Baking is my passion and very therapeutic for me, so I don't mind if it takes me hours to complete a dessert. But sometimes, it's also nice to have a go-to dessert that is easy to make with simple ingredients. And this strawberry cheesecake mousse is just that. It's a no-bake dessert that's bursting with flavor and makes for a beautiful presentation.
What you need to make strawberry cheesecake mousse
Digital scale (or measuring cups and spoons)
2 medium bowls
Chocolate cookie crumbs. Chocolate graham cracker crumbs or ground up chocolate wafers work well in this recipe for the crust.
Butter. Always use unsalted butter so that you can control the amount of salt you add to your crust.
Salt. Add a bit of salt to your cookie crust layer as a flavor enhancer.
Cream cheese. It's important to use full-fat block cream cheese for this recipe. Cream cheese spread has a higher concentration of water and will cause your filling to be runny.
Powdered sugar. Because this is a no-bake recipe, powdered sugar is used as the sweetener. It combines quickly and easily. Granulated sugar would leave a grainy texture.
Strawberries. Fresh, seasonal strawberries are preferred for this recipe. However, if fresh berries are not available, you can use frozen strawberries that have been completely thawed and are at room temperature.
Vanilla. Always use pure vanilla extract compared to imitation. It will give you the best flavor.
Heavy cream. Always choose heavy cream or heavy whipping cream to produce the best consistency. Do not use whipping cream as it has less milk fat and will not create beautiful peaks when beaten.
How to make strawberry cheesecake mousse
- Make the crust. In a small bowl, use a fork to mix chocolate cookies crumbs, melted butter, and salt until well combined. Divide mixture evenly between 8 glasses or containers and set aside.
- Blend filling. In a blender or food processor, add the room temperature cream cheese, sugar, strawberries, and vanilla. Blend on low speed and slowly increase to high speed. Blend the mixture until smooth and evenly combined. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl.
- Whisk cream. In a medium bowl, whisk heavy cream until medium peaks form.
- Fold in cream. Using a silicone spatula, gently fold in half of the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream until evenly mixed.
- Divide. Using a pastry bag or spoon, evenly divide cheesecake mousse on top of the chocolate cookie layers.
Tips and takeaways
- It's essential to ensure your cream cheese is at room temperature to prevent your filling from becoming lumpy.
- This dessert can be made up to 2 days in advance. You can also freeze this dessert in freezer-safe containers for up to 2 months.
More parfait recipes
Make sure to tag me @thesweetoccasion on Instagram and leave me a review below if you make this Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse. I’d love to see your creations and read your feedback. And if you would like to make this recipe later, be sure to pin this recipe using the button on any of these images. Let’s make every occasion, a sweet occasion!Print
Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 individual servings 1x
For the cookie crust
- 1 1/2 cups (200 g) chocolate cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.4 g) salt
For the filling
- 16 oz (450 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (120 g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (170 g) thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 g) pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (490 g) heavy cream
For the cookie crust
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate cookies crumbs, melted butter and salt. Divide mixture evenly between 8 glasses and set aside.
For the filling
- In a blender, add the cream cheese, sugar, strawberries, and vanilla. Beginning on low speed, blend the ingredients and slowly increase speed to high until mixture is smooth and evenly blended. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk heavy cream until medium peaks form. Gently fold in half of the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture with a silicone spatula, then fold in the other half.
- Evenly divide cheesecake mousse on top of the chocolate cookie layers. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Mousse
Leave a Reply