Valentine’s Day is just a few days away, and I’m sharing with you an easy to make no bake chocolate almond cheesecake mousse perfect for the holiday. Sounds delicious?! It’s smooth, chocolatey and just the right balance between cheesecake and mousse!
These desserts are pretty to serve in any type of glassware you have on hand. I layer them with a little bit of homemade whipped cream, some toasted sliced almonds and a dusting of cocoa powder. It really is that easy!
If you are not a fan of almonds you could exchange the chocolate almond spread for a chocolate hazelnut spread, peanut butter or even cookie butter! So many options and all equally delicious.
I find that cheesecake can be an overly sweet dessert, but this cheesecake filling is a nice balance between the cream cheese and chocolate spread. Its light and fluffy texture is quite satisfying, making it the perfect sweet ending to your Valentine’s dinner.Print
- 8 oz (225 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (150 g) chocolate almond spread
- 1 cup (245 g) heavy cream
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Toasted sliced almonds, for garnish
- Cocoa powder, for garnish
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Mix in the vanilla until incorporated. Add the chocolate almond spread and mix until completely smooth and combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk heavy cream until medium peaks form. Gently fold in half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the other half.
- To assemble, evenly divide cheesecake mousse into serving dishes. Top with whipped cream, sliced almonds and sprinkle cocoa powder for garnish.