This easy no churn funfetti ice cream is loaded with sprinkles and crushed Golden Oreos for a festive sweet treat. It comes together in just 10 minutes.
Dreamy no churn funfetti ice cream is quite a nostalgic summer treat. It begins with a 3-ingredient vanilla ice cream and is combined with rainbow sprinkles and crushed Golden Oreos. The best part, it’s easy to make in just 10 minutes!!
While we love visiting our local ice cream shop in the summer, making no churn ice cream is a fun family activity. And as a busy mom of three, I rely on easy recipes that keep everyone happy. We love funfetti ice cream as a quick refreshing treat or serving it at parties alongside birthday cake.
If you’re a fan of funfetti treats, don’t miss this funfetti snack cake or these funfetti cookies and mini cupcakes. Not only are they nostalgic, but they’re all easy to make recipes. But first, let’s make this easy no churn funfetti ice cream.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make. Make this ice cream in just 10 minutes. The hardest part is waiting for it to freeze before digging in!
- Creamy texture. Despite the simplicity of making no-churn ice cream, the texture is super creamy. Your friends and family won’t believe you didn’t spend hours making this ice cream.
- Family-friendly. Not only will your family enjoy eating this treat, but it’s a fun activity to do with the kids. They’ll love to help whip the cream and mix in the toppings.
How to Make Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker
It’s true, you don’t need an ice cream maker to make creamy funfetti ice cream. You only need a mixer, two bowls, and a rubber spatula to prepare this recipe, and voila, you have ice cream.
To make no-churn ice cream, whip heavy cream and fold it into sweetened condensed milk. It’s that easy. It’s the most simple base recipe, and the fun part is mixing in your favorite toppings and flavorings. The combination of flavors is endless (chocolate brownie anyone?).
Ingredients You'll Need
No churn ice cream is made with 3 essential ingredients plus 2 ingredients for adding festive flavors. It’s that easy. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sweetened condensed milk. Its thick and creamy texture makes it the key ingredient in making rich and creamy no-churn ice cream.
- Vanilla. My preference is to use pure vanilla extract for a balance of flavor. But if you prefer an intense vanilla flavor, substitute the extract with a vanilla bean. Slice the bean in half and scrape out the seeds of half of the pod and add to the sweetened condensed milk.
- Heavy cream. The other key ingredient to making no-churn ice cream. It’s whipped to incorporate air into the cream for a light and fluffy texture. Additionally, its high-fat content contributes to its richness, and it stabilizes the ice cream so it can hold its shape.
- Golden Oreos. Chop or crush into pieces. Pairs well with the vanilla and the sprinkle flavor of funfetti.
- Sprinkles. Rainbow sprinkles work best in this recipe. Don’t use nonpareils, as they will bleed into your ice cream and not look as pretty.
Mix milk and vanilla. Whisk together until combined.
Beat cream. Whisk the heavy cream using a mixer until stiff peaks form.
Fold cream into milk. Gently fold the whipped cream into the milk mixture using a rubber spatula. Do not overmix. You do not want to deflate all the air in the whipped cream.
Fold in mix-ins. Gently fold in the chopped Oreos and sprinkles.
Transfer to a container. Put the ice cream in a freeze-safe container and freeze until frozen for at least 4 hours.
Recipes Tips & Tricks
- Use sweetened condensed milk. Do not substitute this ingredient. Evaporated milk and unsweetened condensed milk will not work.
- Chill your mixing bowl. Place your mixing bowl and beaters from the mixer into the fridge for 10 minutes to help the cream whip up quickly and keep its stiffness.
- Whip to stiff peaks. Make sure you whip the cream until stiff peaks form. This step will ensure you have a creamy texture that holds up.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. I know it’s hard to resist digging in, but let the funfetti ice cream freeze for at least 4 hours so it can have the ideal consistency.
- Use a freezer-safe container. Store using an ice cream container. If you don’t have one, cover your ice cream tightly with plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.
My kids love this no-churn funfetti ice cream scooped into an ice cream cone. But when it’s a special occasion, or we host a gathering, these are some of our favorite ways to serve this ice cream.
- Mix in brownies. Can’t decide between chocolate or funfetti? No need to. Just chop up birthday cake brownies and mix them into the ice cream base. It’s the best of both worlds, all in one!
- Ice cream sandwiches. There’s no such thing as an overload of funfetti. Sandwich together two funfetti cookies or stuffed cookies with this confetti ice cream for a fun treat.
- Blondie sundae. Start with a warm birthday cake blondie and top with a scoop of ice cream. Finish with whipped cream, crushed Golden Oreos, and a cherry on top.
- Ice cream cake. Use your favorite cake (we love using our vanilla cake recipe) to layer with funfetti ice cream for a super fun ice cream cake.
Store in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 2-3 weeks. The longer it sits in the freezer, the more likely it will develop ice crystals.
It’s always best to store ice cream in the coldest part of the freezer (aka towards the back) to keep a consistent temperature and prevent it from melting when the door is opened.
It means no need to cook an ice cream base or use an ice cream machine. Creamy no churn ice cream is made with 3 base ingredients that come together quickly.
No, I wouldn’t recommend substituting the heavy cream because it’s essential for creating smooth and rich ice cream. It also gives funfetti ice cream the necessary structure.
There are a couple of reasons why this happened. The heavy cream wasn’t whipped to stiff peaks or the whipped cream wasn’t combined evenly into the sweetened condensed milk.
Although I have not tested the recipe with a non-dairy version, it should still work. The texture and flavor will be slightly different.
Please leave a starred rating and comment below if you make this Easy No Churn Funfetti Ice Cream. I love reading your feedback! And if you’d like to make this recipe later, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest! Happy Baking!Print