Moist Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins are a great breakfast or snack option. These muffins are made with fresh or frozen blueberries and whole grains for a healthier alternative.
- 124 g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 70 g (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 55 g (1/4 cup) light brown sugar
- 55 g (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 8.6 g (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 2.8 g (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 50 g (1 large) egg, at room temperature
- 120 g (1/2 cup) whole milk, at room temperature
- 57 g (1/4 cup) melted butter, cooled
- 3.5 g (1 teaspoon) pure vanilla extract
- 140 g (1 cup) fresh or frozen blueberries
- Sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F/204°C. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, cooled butter, and vanilla until smooth and thoroughly combined. Add mixture to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling about 2/3 full. Sprinkle sparkling sugar over each muffin for garnish.
- Bake muffins in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until they rise, the tops are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes