These Sour Cream Banana Muffins are made with 2 bananas and sour cream for a moist and tender breakfast treat. Made with basic ingredients and a couple of mixing bowls, you'll have breakfast on the table in 35 minutes.
- 190 g (3/4 cup) mashed ripe bananas, about 2 medium bananas
- 130 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 55 g (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 110 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 80 g (1/3 cup) sour cream, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C. Line a standard muffin pan with 9 cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and sour cream until evenly combined.
- Scoop the batter into the liners, filling to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the hot pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Storage: Place completely cooled muffins in an airtight container. Add a paper towel layer on top to absorb excess moisture. Cover and store at room temperature for up to 4 days, changing the paper towel as needed.
Freezer: Store completely cooled muffins in a freezer-safe container or resealable bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Mini muffins: Bake in a mini muffin pan for 7-10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
Keywords: banana muffins, breakfast, sour cream muffins