A simple 4 ingredient pizza dough recipe for making delicious homemade pizza. Top with fresh, seasonal ingredients for a delicious weeknight dinner.
- 350 g all-purpose flour
- 7 g salt
- 2 g instant yeast
- 240 g warm water
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the flour, salt, and yeast*. Turn the mixer on for 10 seconds just to combine the dry the ingredients. Add the water and mix on speed 3 for 10 minutes. In the initial stage of mixing, scrape the bowl with a silicone spatula or dough scraper to ensure all the ingredients mix together thoroughly.
- Increase the mixer to speed 4 and mix for an additional 10 minutes. If the dough is sticky, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a smooth, round ball.
- Lightly grease a large mixing bowl with olive oil. Add the dough and cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Transfer the dough to your refrigerator and continue to ferment for three hours or as long as 24 hours**.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. For individual-sized pizzas, divide the dough into 150 g portions. Flatten the dough to release some of the gases. Bring all the sides of the dough to the center and press down to form a seam. Flip upside down and shape the dough into a smooth, round ball. Place seam-side down and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 500°F/260°C with a pizza stone, otherwise preheat to 475°F/246°C with a baking sheet pan in the oven.
- Flatten the dough with your fingertips and stretch to your desired thickness. Top your pizza dough with your choice of sauce and pizza toppings. Place pizza into the preheated oven on top of the pizza stone or hot sheet pan.
- Bake until the toppings are bubbling and the crust is brown.
- Allow the pizza to cool slightly before serving.
- *Alternatively, you can knead the dough by hand. Place the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Add the water and begin to mix the dough. Once thoroughly combined, knead until you have a smooth, elastic dough.
- **If you do not have the time for a long fermentation, you can alternatively ferment the dough at room temperature for or 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.