Seasonal peaches and blackberries along with a hint of lemon are baked into a summer crisp with a sweet and slightly spiced topping. Serve at a BBQ, family gathering or as the perfect ending to any meal.
For the crisp topping
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (40 g) old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (170 g) cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
For the filling
- 2 lbs firm, ripe peaches, sliced into eighths
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (30 g) all-purpose flour
- Center rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F/176°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Butter a large baking dish (8×11-inch) and place on prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
For the topping
- In a food processor combine flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pulse 2-3 times to combine. Add the butter and pulse for about 1 minute or until mixture resembles course meal. Set aside.
For the filling
- Place the peaches and blackberries in a large mixing bowl and toss with sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Once combined, add flour and mix well.
- Pour fruit filling into prepared baking dish. Evenly distribute topping to cover filling.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is browned.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. For extra indulgence, serve warm crisp with vanilla ice cream.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Baked crisp can be frozen for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then warm in a 350°F/177°C for 15-20 minutes. Storing the crisp unbaked in the refrigerator will cause the topping to get soggy.
- Category: Pies & Tarts
- Method: Baking
Keywords: peach blackberry crisp, summer dessert