Soft, buttery Funfetti Cutout Cookies are fun and festive for any occasion. Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut the dough into different shapes. These cookies have a short chill time and bake into perfectly shaped cookies without spending.
- 560 g (4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 226 g (2 cups) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 330 g (1 1/2 cups) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 65 g (1/3 cup) sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and the sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, until combined and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl between each addition. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- On low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated. Add the sprinkles and increase the mixer to medium speed. Mix until the dough begins to pull from the sides of the bowl.
- Divide the dough into two portions. Roll one of the portions to a 1/4-inch (0.6 cm) thickness between two pieces of parchment paper. Refrigerate with parchment paper for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll the second portion of dough between an additional two pieces of parchment paper and refrigerate.
- Remove the first portion of dough from the refrigerator and remove the parchment paper. Cut the dough into desired shapes using cookie cutters and transfer to prepared baking sheet pans.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the hot sheet pan, and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat with the second portion of the dough and any leftover scraps.
Storage: Keep the cookies stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Freezer: Store the cookies in a freezer-safe container and freeze them for up to 3 months. Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before freezing.
Rerolling: Minimize the number of times you reroll the dough otherwise, it will become overworked and dense.
Almond extract: Replace half of the vanilla with pure almond extract if you love the flavor.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies & Bars
- Method: Baking
Keywords: funfetti cookies, sprinkle cookies, royal icing cookies, roll out cookies