This soft, buttery Funfetti Cutout Cookie Recipe is not only delicious but also fun and festive for any occasion. Use your favorite cookie cutters to make fun shapes and decorate with royal icing for a beautiful presentation.
- 560 g (4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 3 g (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 1 g (1/4 teaspoon) baking powder
- 226 g (2 cups) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 330 g (1 1/2 cups) granulated sugar
- 100 g (2 large) eggs, at room temperature
- 7 g (2 teaspoons) pure vanilla extract
- 65 g (1/3 cup) sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and the sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in eggs, one at a time, until combined and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl between each addition. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- On low speed, slowly add flour mixture into butter mixture and mix until incorporated. Add the sprinkles and increase mixer speed to medium. Mix until the dough begins to pull from the sides of the bowl.
- Divide the dough into two portions. Between two pieces of parchment paper, roll one of the portions to a 1/4-inch (0.6 cm) thickness. Refrigerate with parchment paper for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, roll the second portion of dough between an additional two pieces of parchment paper and refrigerate.
- Remove the first portion of dough from the refrigerator and remove the parchment paper. Using cookie cutters, cut the dough into desired shapes and transfer to prepared baking sheet pans. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on hot sheet pan and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat with the second portion of the dough and any leftover scrapes.