Soft and chewy sugar cookies with sprinkles throughout. A fun cookie to share for all ages![tasty-recipe id="1489"]
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (250 g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (50 g)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in egg until combined and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add the vanilla and mix until combined. On low speed, slowly add flour mixture into butter mixture until combined. Mix in sprinkles. Do not over mix.
- Shape dough into balls, about 1 1/2 tablespoons each, and place on the cookie sheets. Leave 2-inches between each cookie. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown around the edges (but the center is still soft). Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: funfetti cookies