If you can’t resist sampling cookie dough while making cookies, then you will love this Edible Sugar Cookie Dough recipe! It’s perfectly sweet and safe to eat with heat-treated flour and no eggs. Sprinkles add the perfect touch for a fun and festive cookie dough.
- 140 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 113 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 110 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 2.8 g (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 5 g (1 1/2 teaspoons) pure vanilla extract
- 14–28 g (1–2 tablespoons) whole milk
- 20 g (2 tablespoons) sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C. Spread the flour in an even layer onto a parchment-lined baking sheet pan. Bake for 5 minutes and then allow it to cool to room temperature. Once cooled sift to break up any clumps.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the heat-treated flour and mix to combine. With the mixer running on low, add just enough milk until desired consistency is achieved. Mix in sprinkles until just combined.
Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Make-Ahead: You can freeze edible cookie dough for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and serve cold or at room temperature.
Keywords: no bake, sugar cookies, cookie dough