If you can't resist sampling cookie dough while making cookies, you will love this Edible Sugar Cookie Dough recipe! It's perfectly sweet and safe to eat. Sprinkles add the perfect touch for a fun and festive cookie dough.
- 140 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 113 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 110 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C. Spread the flour in an even layer onto a parchment-lined baking sheet pan. Bake for 5 minutes and then allow it to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, sift to break up any clumps.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the heat-treated flour and mix to combine. With the mixer running on low, add just enough milk until desired consistency is achieved. Mix in sprinkles, if using, until just combined.
Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Make-Ahead: You can freeze edible cookie dough for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and serve cold or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: no bake, sugar cookies, cookie dough