Brown Butter Toffee Cookies are chewy and packed with tons of flavor. They have a delicious combination of vanilla, easy-to-make brown butter, and chocolate-covered toffee pieces that are sure to be a hit!
- 226 g (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 280 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 4.8 g (3/4 teaspoon) baking soda
- 4.2 g (3/4 teaspoon) salt
- 1 large egg + 1 large yolk, at room temperature
- 165 g (3/4 cup) light brown sugar
- 110 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 8 g (2 teaspoons) pure vanilla extract
- 150 g (1 cup) chocolate toffee bits
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Continue to heat, while occasionally stirring, until the butter has brown specks throughout. Careful not to burn the butter. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool, but not thicken.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Once the butter is at room temperature, add the egg, egg yolk, both sugars, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and fold together until combined. Add the toffee and mix just until incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove your cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Preheat your oven to 350°F/177°C. Line two baking sheet pans with parchment paper. Using a 1 tablespoon ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough balls, and line them on your prepared sheet pans, allowing for plenty of space for spreading.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown and the centers still look slightly underbaked. Allow the cookies to cool a couple of minutes on the hot sheet pan and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make-Ahead: You can make the cookie dough and chill it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Freezing: Freeze unbaked cookie balls for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, allow the dough to come to room temperature and bake as directed in the recipe. If baking without thawing, allow for an extra 2-3 minutes of baking time.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: brown butter, toffee, cookies, holiday cookies