Banana Nutella Bread is a delicious, moist and chocolatey twist on a classic breakfast bread. It’s simple to make and perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whole milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (113 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (165 g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Line an 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper, butter and flour. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the mashed bananas and milk.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and mix on medium speed until fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time, and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Mix in vanilla. Add banana mixture to the mixer and continue mixing until well combined. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add flour mixture into butter mixture until just combined.
- Microwave Nutella for 20 seconds. Using a rubber spatula, fold in 2/3 of the Nutella into your batter. Careful not to over mix. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Add the remaining Nutella and swirl.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack before slicing.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: nutella banana bread, breakfast, chocolate