- 1/2 cup (116 g) fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (100 g) + 2 large egg yolks (40 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (113 g) unsalted butter, diced and at room temperature
- Place lemon juice, zest, sugar, eggs, egg yolks and salt into a medium heatproof bowl set over a small saucepan filled with an inch of simmering water. Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. The temperature should read 170°F/75°C and the mixture should coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and strain filling through a sieve into a small bowl. Whisk in butter until completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the filling to prevent a ‘skin’ from forming. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Category: Frostings & Fillings
Keywords: lemon curd, filling, spring dessert