Light and airy Vanilla Bean Espresso Buttercream Frosting is made with 5 ingredients in less than 10 minutes. This easy, homemade frosting has speckles of espresso and vanilla seeds for a beautiful and decadent finish to your favorite cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and brownies!
- 226 g (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 450 g (1 pound) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2-4 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- In a large bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter until smooth and creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and espresso powder and mix on low speed until completely incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and enough cream for desired consistency.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Beat on medium speed for 3-4 minutes until light and airy.
Storage: Store buttercream in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Freezer: Store the frosting in a resealable freezer-safe bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then bring to room temperature and re-whip before using.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Frosting & Fillings
Keywords: espresso frosting, espresso buttercream