Beautiful pink strawberry shortbread cookies are crispy and buttery with a melt-in-your-mouth texture. It's an easy-to-make treat made with freeze dried strawberries for a fresh berry flavor.
- 226 g (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 110 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberry powder*
- 280 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, and strawberry powder on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until a dough forms. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and lightly dust with flour, just enough so a rolling pin doesn't stick to the dough (too much flour will dry out the dough).
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to a 3/8-inch thickness. Cut into rounds using a 2-inch round cookie cutter. Arrange the cookies on the prepared baking sheet allowing 1-inch between each cookie. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to lightly brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the hot sheet pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Freeze-dried strawberry powder*: In a food processor, process freeze dried strawberries until a powder forms and sift to remover the seeds. You can also purchase freeze dried strawberry powder.
- Storage: Keep the cookies stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze: Store the cookies in a freezer-safe container and freeze them for up to 3 months. Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before freezing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
Keywords: strawberry shortbread, strawberry cookies, freeze dried strawberries