Creamy S’mores Ice Cream is a fun twist on the traditional campfire treat. It begins with a graham cracker custard base and has toasted marshmallows and chopped chocolate mixed in. It’s a frozen treat to enjoy all summer long.
- 480 g (2 cups) heavy cream
- 240 g (1 cup) whole milk
- 120 g (1 cup) graham cracker crumbs
- 147 g (2/3 cup) brown sugar, divided
- 120 g (6 large) egg yolks
- 113 (2 cups) mini marshmallows
- 113 g (4oz) chopped chocolate
- In a medium saucepan, bring heavy cream, milk, graham cracker crumbs, and half of the sugar to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the remaining sugar together. Temper the yolk mixture by vigorously whisking half of the hot cream mixture into the eggs. Whisk the yolk mixture back into the cream mixture and reduce heat to low. Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture until it reaches 175°F/80°C.
- Pour the custard into a medium mixing bowl and set the bowl over an ice-water bath. Stir until the mixture has cooled. Pour the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper and place the mini marshmallows in a single layer.
- Broil the marshmallows until the tops are crunchy and golden brown. Set aside.
- Churn the custard in an ice cream machine according to manufacturers’ instructions. Fold the chopped chocolate and toasted marshmallows into the churned ice cream. Freeze until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Make-Ahead: Prepare and freeze the ice cream for up to 1 month in advance.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container, preferably in the back of the freezer to avoid fluctuations in temperature from opening the freezer door.
- Category: Ice Cream
Keywords: homemade ice cream, s'mores recipe, frozen dessert