Easy S’mores Cookies are addictive and such a fun twist on the traditional campfire treat. Brown butter, chocolate, graham crackers, and gooey marshmallows make these cookies drool-worthy.
- 170 g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 210 g (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 3.2 g (1/2 teaspoon) baking soda
- 2.8 g (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 100 g (2 large) eggs
- 165 g (3/4 cup) light brown sugar
- 70 g (1/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 7 g (2 teaspoons) pure vanilla extract
- 113 g (4 oz) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 45 g (2/3 cup) broken graham crackers, about 3 sheets
- 100g (1 cup) marshmallows, each cut into 4 pieces
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Continue to heat, while occasionally stirring, until the butter has brown specks throughout. Careful not to burn the butter. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool, but not thicken.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Once the butter is at room temperature, add the eggs, both sugars, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and fold together until combined. Add the chopped chocolate and mix just until incorporated. Carefully fold in broken graham crackers and marshmallows.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove your cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Preheat your oven to 350°F/177°C. Line two baking sheet pans with parchment paper. Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop 18 cookie dough balls, and line them on your prepared sheet pans, allowing for plenty of space for spreading.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 10-11 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown and the centers still look slightly underbaked. Allow the cookies to cool a couple of minutes on the hot sheet pan and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make-Ahead: You can make the cookie dough and chill it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Freezing: Freeze unbaked cookie balls for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, allow the dough to come to room temperature and bake as directed in the recipe. If baking without thawing, allow for an extra 2-3 minutes of baking time.
Keywords: summer dessert recipe, s'more variation, s'more recipe