Raspberry Almond Tart is a perfectly sweet summer treat. Fresh raspberries and raspberry jam top a butter and egg-rich almond dough that’s filled and baked with almond cream. Serve this tart to friends and family for a beautiful and delicious dessert.
For the crust
- 85 g (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1.4 g (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 140 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 18 g (3 tablespoons) skinless almond flour, sifted
- 55 g (1/2 cup) powdered sugar
- 1.8 g (1/2 teaspoon) pure vanilla extract
- 40 g (2 large) egg yolks, at room temperature
For the filling
- 150 g (1/2 cup) good quality raspberry jam
- 70 g (3/4 cup) skinned almond flour
- 70 g (3/4 cup) powdered sugar
- 2 g (3/4 teaspoon) cornstarch
- 2 g (1 teaspoon) all-purpose flour
- 70 g (5.5 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 2 g (1/2 teaspoon) pure vanilla extract
- 50 g (1 large) egg
- 250 g (2 cups) fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar for dusting
For the crust
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, salt, and all-purpose flour on low speed just until the mixture is crumbly. Add the almond flour and powdered sugar and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Add the vanilla and egg yolk to the mixture and mix on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined.
- Scrape the dough onto a work surface and shape it into a 1/2-inch thick rectangle. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll the dough and line an 8-inch tart ring or pan. Allow the dough to rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
For the filling
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the almond flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch, and cake flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, salt, and vanilla and mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the almond flour mixture to the bowl. Mix for an additional 1 minute. Add the egg and mix until incorporated.
- Remove the prepared tart dough from the refrigerator and place it onto the prepared baking sheet pan. Using a fork, gently poke holes into the dough, allowing for an inch in between. Pour the almond cream mixture over the crust and use an offset spatula to smooth into an even layer.
- Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the cream and the crust are golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center of the tart should come out clean. Allow the tart to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes and then remove the tart ring.
- Using a small offset spatula, spread the raspberry jam over the almond cream filling into an even layer allowing for a half-inch border. Arrange the raspberries on top of the jam and lightly dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Keywords: raspberry dessert, summer dessert, frangipane, almond cream filling