- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the sugars and mix on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Add the pumpkin and mix until combined. Mix in eggs one at a time and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and spices. On low speed, slowly add flour mixture into butter mixture just until combined.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Shape each portion into a large disk and wrap with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- On a lightly flour surface, roll dough one of the dough pieces out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Re-roll the remaining dough and continue cutting until all is used. Repeat with second piece of dough.
- Arrange cookies on prepared baking sheets 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Allow to rest 1 minute on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.