Nutella Brownies have a fudgy center, crackly top, and Nutella swirled throughout. They’re a chocolate lovers’ dream. These brownies are delicious as an afternoon treat, hostess gift, or even for transforming into brownie a la mode
- 113 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 226 g (8 oz) semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped
- 225 g (3/4 cup) Nutella, divided
- 110 g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 110 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 g (3 large) eggs
- 7 g (2 teaspoons) pure vanilla extract
- 95 (2/3 cup) all-purpose flour
- 30 g (3 tablespoons) cocoa powder
- 2.8 g (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over the sides. Set aside.
- Place the butter and chopped chocolate into a medium heatproof bowl set over a small saucepan filled with an inch of simmering water. Whisk until the mixture is completely melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat and add 150 g (1/2 cup) Nutella to the mixture whisking until smooth. Add the brown and granulated sugars whisking vigorously until combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the chocolate mixture. Whisk until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and smooth. Drop teaspoons full of the remaining Nutella across the top of the brownies and swirl with a knife. Bake in the preheated oven for 23 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with some moist crumbs. Allow the brownies to completely cool in pan before slicing
Make-Ahead: You can freeze brownies for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.
Keywords: chocolate hazelnut spread, chocolate brownies, fudgy brownies