Creamy no churn cherry chunk ice cream is a creamy and refreshing summer dessert that is made in under 30 minutes. Made with fresh cherries and swirled with chopped chocolate chunks, this treat is sure to please.
- 720 g (4 cups) sweet cherries, pitted
- 73 g (1/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 30 g (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 1.4 g (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 396 g (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 g (1 teaspoon) pure almond extract
- 480 g (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
- 85 g (1/2 cup) roughly chopped semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- In a medium saucepan, combine cherries, sugar, lemon juice, and salt over medium heat. Using a fork, gently mash cherries. Allow mixture to come to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook cherries, occasionally stirring, for 20 minutes until cherries have softened and the juices have slightly thickened. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, reserve 1/3 of the cherries and place the rest plus their juices into a food processor and pulse to a puree.
- In a large bowl, mix cherry puree, condensed milk, and almond extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream on medium-high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the whipped heavy cream into the cherry mixture. Fold in reserved 1/3 cup cherries and chopped chocolate.
- Spread the mixture in a freezer-safe resealable container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until frozen.
Keywords: cherry ice cream, frozen, cherry dessert, chocolate chunk