Simple steps to making homemade caramel sauce without the use of a thermometer or any special equipment. Delicious for pies, cinnamon rolls, cakes, brownies, cheesecake, parfaits, ice cream and more!
- 1/2 cup (120 g) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 g) water
- 5 tablespoons (75 g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a measuring cup combine heavy cream and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium high heat. Do not stir. Allow to boil for 10-12 minutes until it turns an amber color. Remove from heat and whisk in cream mixture (careful the mixture will bubble up). Whisk in butter and salt. Allow to cool.
Keywords: caramel sauce