Made with real cheese and no preservatives, these homemade cheese crackers are full of flavor, simple to make and the perfect alternative to store-bought cheese crackers.
- 1 1/2 cups (170 g) finely shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.8 g) salt
- 6 tablespoons (85 g) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) cold water
- In a food processor combine cheese, flour and salt until combined. Add the cold butter and process until mixture resembles sand. Add the water and pulse until the dough comes together, about 10 pulses.
- Transfer dough to the counter and shape into a square, about 1-inch thick. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/176°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick square or rectangle. Use a fluted pastry wheel, pizza wheel or sharp knife to cut dough into 1-inch square crackers.
- Place squares on prepared baking sheets. Using the flat end of a wooden skewer, poke a hole in the center of each square. Bake each sheet, one at a time, in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
- Storage Information: Keep covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Keywords: homemade cheese crackers, cheese, snack, kid-friendly, savory