If you can’t resist tasting cookie dough while making cookies, then you will enjoy this Edible Candy Chocolate Cookie Dough. It’s chocolaty with a mix-in of your favorite candy for a fun and easy treat.
- 105 g (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 113 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 110 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 2.8 g (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 5 g (1 1/2 teaspoons) pure vanilla extract
- 40 g (1/4 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 14–28 g (1–2 tablespoons) whole milk
- 150 g (1 cup) chopped candy
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C. Spread the flour in an even layer onto a parchment-lined baking sheet pan. Bake for 5 minutes and then allow it to cool to room temperature. Once cooled sift to break up any clumps.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the heat-treated flour and cocoa powder and mix to combine. With the mixer running on low, add just enough milk until the desired consistency is achieved. Mix in chopped candy until just combined.
Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Make-Ahead: You can freeze edible cookie dough for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and serve cold or at room temperature.
Keywords: edible cookie dough, cookie dough, chocolate cookie dough, Halloween, candy