This easy Tiramisu has layers of espresso dipped ladyfingers, creamy mascarpone filling (made without eggs), and a layer of cocoa powder dusting. It only takes 10 minutes to make (no baking required) and is best made in advance.
For the filling
- 360 g (1 1/2 cups) heavy cream
- 60 g (1/2 cup) powdered sugar
- 2 g (1/2 teaspoon) pure vanilla extract
- 226 g (8 oz) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 300 g (1 1/4 cup) espresso or strong coffee, at room temperature
- 28 g (2 tablespoons) coffee liqueur, optional
- 200 g (1 package) ladyfingers
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla on medium-low speed until mixture becomes frothy. Increase speed to medium-high and continue whisking until medium peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and continue mix until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add the espresso and liqueur (if using) and mix together. Dip the ladyfingers into the espresso mixture (do not soak them, just a quick dip) and lay them in a flat layer to cover the bottom of an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Using an offset spatula, spread half the mascarpone mixture into an even layer over the ladyfingers. Add another layer of espresso dipped ladyfingers and top with the rest of the mascarpone filling. Spread evenly.
- Dust a generous layer of cocoa powder over the mascarpone filling. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Make-Ahead: Tiramisu can be made up to 2-3 days in advance. Keep covered in the refrigerator.
- Freezing: To freeze, make this recipe without cocoa powder dusting in a freezer-safe container. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and then two layers of aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and generously dust with cocoa powder just before serving.
Keywords: ladyfingers, coffee dessert, Italian dessert