Soft and chewy Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with brown butter and brown sugar and packed with lots of chocolate and butterscotch chips. This no-chill recipe comes together in no time for a delicious sweet treat. And you don't even need a mixer!
- 113 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 160 g (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 110 g (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 55 g (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 120 g (3/4 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 120 g (3/4 cup) butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter has brown specks through. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- To the cooled butter, add the sugars and whisk vigorously for 2 minutes, until a thick, light, and creamy consistency.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla until evenly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold until mostly combined.
- Add the chocolate and butterscotch chips and continue mixing until completely combined.
- Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown and the centers are still light and slightly underbaked.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the hot sheet pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Storage: Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Freezer: Scoop the dough into balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill the dough for 30 minutes, then transfer to a freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
Keywords: butterscotch cookies, chocolate chip cookies, brown butter cookies