Banana Oat Muffins are the perfect breakfast or afternoon treat. They’re moist, flavorful, and a vegan recipe that is simple to make.
- 8 g (2 tablespoons) ground flaxseed + 85 g (6 tablespoons) water
- 230 g (1 2/3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 55 g (1 container) Mylk Lab’s oats, your favorite flavor
- 5.2 g (1 1/2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 5.2 g (1 teaspoon) baking soda
- 2.8 (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 2.2 g (3/4 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 75 g (1/2 cup) coconut sugar
- 50 g (1/4 cup) melted coconut oil
- 30 g (2 tablespoons) maple syrup
- 4 g (1 teaspoon) pure vanilla extract
- 270 g (1 cup) mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 60 g (1/4 cup) almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F/163°C. Line a standard muffin pan with cupcakes liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseed and water. Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, mashed bananas, and almond milk. Whisk in the flaxseed mixture. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold in just until combined.
- Scoop the muffin mixture into the prepared cupcake liners filling 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Storage: Store muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can freeze muffins in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: banana muffins, breakfast, vegan muffins, dairy free