Homemade whipped cream is simple to make using only 3 ingredients in just 5 minutes. It's perfect for topping pies, making mousse, topping cakes, garnishing hot chocolate and so much more.
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium-low speed until mixture becomes frothy. Increase speed to medium-high and continue whisking until medium peaks form, about 3 minutes. Careful not to over mix or else it will become thick and lumpy.
- Storing: Preferably use immediately. If you have any leftover, store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Multiple Batches: This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
- Sugar: 2 tablespoons granulated sugar can easily be substituted for the powdered sugar. It's a personal preference. However, if making large batches of homemade whipped cream, use powdered sugar as the granules in granulated sugar may be evident in larger amounts.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: homemade whipped cream