Creamy and thick homemade cream cheese frosting is easy to make using only 4 ingredients. It’s the perfect topping to carrot cake, cupcakes, pumpkin cake, cinnamon rolls and so much more.
- 8 oz (224 g) full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 stick (113 g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups (480 g) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, 2-3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and mix on low speed until the powdered sugar is mostly incorporated. Increase to medium-high speed and beat for 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract and mix on medium speed for 30 seconds.