For the Caramel
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Cookie Crust
- 1 1/4 cup ground chocolate cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 quart caramel ice cream
- For the Caramel. In a measuring cup combine heavy cream and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium high heat. Do not stir. Allow to boil for 10-12 minutes until it turns an amber color. Remove from heat and whisk in cream mixture (careful the mixture will bubble up). Whisk in butter and salt. Allow to cool.
- For the Cookie Crust. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, butter and salt. Set aside.
- For the Whipped Cream. Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat heavy cream and sugar until medium peaks form. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- To Assemble. Place 2 tablespoons cookie mixture into the bottom of eight (8-ounce) mason jars or dessert glasses. Fill each jar with two generous scoops of ice cream. Spoon 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce over each ice parfait. Top each with whipped cream and sprinkle cookie crumbs over each as a garnish.