Soft baked candy bar cookies are made with chunks of candy bars. The perfect recipe for using any extra Halloween candy.
- 2 1/2 cups (360 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4.8 g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (3.2 g) salt
- 1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (225 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110 g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (100 g)
- 2 teaspoons (6.8 g) pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (300 g) diced candy bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the sugars and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in eggs, one at a time, until combined and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl between each addition. Add the vanilla and mix until combined. On low speed, slowly add flour mixture into butter mixture until combined. Mix in chopped candy bars. Do not over mix.
- Scoop dough, about 1.5 tablespoons each, and place 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 11-13 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown around the edges (but the center is still soft). Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: candy bar cookies, cookies, Halloween